Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday Fun

My wife does this Friday Fun thing on her amazing health and wellness blog: Your World Natural every week and it inspired me to do the same. I won't do it every week, but every once in a while I'll include some personal updates on what's going on in my life and things I'm thinking about and doing....just for fun.

Here goes:

In my life this week...
Last Friday I had 2 wisdom teeth "extracted" (which is a very misleadingly nice word for what actually occurs) I've been in some pain ever since then. Even this morning there is a dull throb back there and eating isn't as enjoyable as it used to be. I've been struggling with my writing...struggling to find motivation and inspiration and feeling a bit stuck, but I have a plan to get positive and get going. I have a goal to reach in less than 3 months now! Yikes how time flies.

I am inspired by...
Easter. There's nothing more amazing than knowing my Savior experienced all of hell for me and all sinners, experienced my death and then shattered death itself and proved his victory by rising to life again on Easter morning. What a price he paid to set me free. How awesome to have confidence and overwhelming joy knowing that whatever happens this side of the grave I know that my Redeemer lives and I know what my future holds. What grace! How can I not be inspired to thank him by living my life for him 100% all in, all out, all the time!

My favorite thing this week was...
Wrestling with my kiddos in our living room, the happy smiles, giggles of laughter, the goofy joys and the outright love they can't help but show.

What's working/not working for me...
Working- work is going ok. I'm eager to keep learning and growing in my trade and eager to do more and more on my own.

Not working - being away from my family for large chunks of time, only being able to work on my book for an hour or less each morning, getting up early and staying up late is still taking a toll...by 10 pm at night I've got very little left in the energy tank. My attitude lately has also not been working the best...maybe its partially the tooth pain, but I've been a bit of a bear lately and there's no reason for it.

Questions/thoughts I have...How do other authors keep going when the going gets tough? What's the best plan to reach my writing goal?


Things I'm working on...Still doing a lot of research for my book so that I know the culture, time period and setting thoroughly. Of course...writing every morning and trying to craft interesting, unique and vivid prose. Being a better husband and father...always. Learning as much as I can each day on the job.


I'm reading...The second book in the Gods and Kings series, just starting a new audio book in the car today, forget the title. The Way it Was in Bible Times and How the people of the bible really lived. Plus other dictionaries and a biblical background encyclopedia as well as several commentaries.


I'm grateful for...A taste of spring weather finally! A good job. Amazing projects God has given me to do in my life. A family that is so full of love and support. Teeth...seriously we take them for granted until they hurt!


A photo, video, link, or quote to share:
A truth we hate to admit:We are all idol worshippers and the chief god in our personal pantheon is SELF. Thank God we are saved, loved, rescued from SELF to serve and worship Him above all else.

1 comment: