Friday, January 11, 2013

Support

After my post last week...there were many wonderful comments on facebook from people I haven't seen in years and people I see often. First of all, thank you! It means so much to me that you care and that you took the time to show your support. I know that a project like this cannot be successful without much support. It's especially important to have the support of those who are close to me. So I want to take the opportunity and say a big thank you to my wife, Cara, who supports me whole-heartedly and gives me wonderful advice and feedback on my writing and my goals. She puts up with me waking up at 5 am every morning before work so that I can hammer out a few more paragraphs or pages in my book. She's always interested in my progress and enjoys reading snippets of my draft. I also want to thank all of you who are reading this and are at all interested in this writing venture of mine. I am eager to finish it and give you all a wonderful, entertaining book, that glorifies God and expresses and emphasizes his saving truth for many people.

The main character in my book does not have much support, from his family or from his community. He is basically an outcast and he will learn to lean on God as the only support he truly needs. Human support is wonderful to have, but it is not perfect. Thank God that we have his support, his care, his presence, his word for true guidance and strength. Thank God most of all that we have what we can never deserve-his forgiveness. That's what broken, sinful, messed up people like us need to realize most each and every day. How that colors our perspective-each day! Life's problems and difficulties tend to tempt us to focus all our energy on ourselves and we can easily dwell on the negatives and complain about our problems. Every day is a gracious gift from our Heavenly Father--a gift of his grace. Talk about support! Every day I can focus on the truth: I am a forgiven child of God. Even though by nature I have no worth...because of what God did for me I am worth the life and death of God's own perfect Son. How small my temporary earthly problems are compared to that! I have eternity to look forward to. God's support for me is infinite and eternal and it fills me with confidence and strength to face whatever future he has in store! He's also placed you all in my life in some way and gives me additional support from so many different sources. Thank you all and most of all thanks be to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment